Events and Things to Do This Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day weekend…those blissful three days off from work are just around the corner. Spend your holiday in sunny Fort Lauderdale where you’ll find tons of fun events and family-friendly activities.
Our hotel is conveniently located near Fort Lauderdale’s sandy white beaches and the exotic Everglades.
From live music and sightseeing to nightlife and kid-friendly attractions, here’s our list of the best things to do in the Ft. Lauderdale area for Labor Day weekend, 2017:
- Friday Night Soundwaves: A live music series at The Hub on Ft. Lauderdale Beach. Slide off your shoes and sink into your beach chair!
- Gallery Night at Village Design: Featuring art films, workshops, lectures, game nights, art explore (for kids), Village Weekend pizza, and more.
- Guided History Tours of Ft. Lauderdale: Explore the stories of South Florida pioneers with a guided tour of the largest concentration of historic buildings in Broward County.
- Lost World of Dinosaurs: Paleontologist Guy Darrough’s dinosaurs are some of the most authentic recreations in the business. Located at Flamingo Gardens, this tour ends September 4th, so don’t miss it!
- Shorts Gone Wild 5: Six actors + eight playwrights + four directors = eight short, provocative, and hilarious plays that explore the vast array of experiences and humor that are relevant in the LGBT and Progressive communities.
- Beach Boot Camp: Friday at 8am. Prepare to sweat on the beach with a class of strength training, cardio, flexibility, and core exercises all while working on your tan.
- Live Music at Margaritaville: Enjoy live musical performances all weekend long at Hollywood Beach. Choose from highly-rated bars and restaurants at the legendary Hollywood Beach Boardwalk.
- Chris Tucker: Performs at 8pm on Saturday, September 2nd at Hard Rock Live in Hollywood. Tickets range from $50 to $70.
- Wheelin’ Dealin’ Food Truck Festival: Located at the Casino on Dania Beach. The best food trucks in South Florida meet here on the first Saturday of every month.
- Tap 42 Summer Brunch, Brews, and Beats: Every Saturday from 11am to 3pm, enjoy bottomless bloodys, mimosas, and Funky Buddha Floridian beer. Music spun by J. Daiz.
- Sawgrass Mills: Don’t forget to get all your shopping done at Sawgrass Mills. It’s one of the largest outlet and value retail shopping destinations in the country, with over 150 outlet stores!
- Fort Lauderdale Segway Tour: Choose from two different guided tours and explore the area while riding this unique motorized vehicle. Don’t worry, they’re easy to maneuver.
Enjoy a Staycation at Our Florida Hotel
Whether you’re from out-of-state or only out of the area, you’ll love your stay at the Renaissance Fort Lauderdale-Plantation Hotel. Centrally located next to all these events and more, our hotel offers the perfect balance of style and sophistication with modern amenities:
- Over 250 deluxe guestrooms and suites
- Aveda bath products
- Coffee maker, refrigerator, hair dryers, iron, and ironing board
- Flat screen televisions, high speed internet access, and premium cable tv
Also, check out our resort-style pool and enjoy a refreshing lap or two after a long day in the sun.
Call to book your room today!